Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Fit Beast Feasts: Guacamole Sandwich & Why You Should Be Eating More Avocados

Guacamole is everywhere.  It's all the new rage on sandwiches.  It's popping up on the table and your latest work luncheon, and you've probably brought your famous recipe to a neighborhood BBQ.  And I'm happy about that!  I'm psyched!

Guacamole is rad.  It tastes great and the main ingredient is wickedly good for you!



1. They help your immune system.
2. They help with muscle development by assisting in forming connective tissue ----YAY MUSCLES!!!
3. They aide in digestion and in speeding up that metabolism you sometimes complain about.
4. They help keep your heart happy.
5. They keep you pretty.  Or handsome.  If you're into those kinds of superficial things.  Okay, we all are.
6. They help keep your teeth and bones health.
7. They're full of FAT!  Yes, that's a good thing.  They're full of GOOD FAT!!




What else is so great about avocados?  I'm so glad that you asked!  I'll show you!!!


I know, awesome, right?  Want to know what's even more awesome?  It's my favorite way to eat avocado: guacamole sandwich.

I'm not just putting this on my sandwich to accompany some meat and other sandwich-y stuff.  This is my sandwich material!

Here's what you do:  mash up half of an avocado to whatever consistency you want.  Keep it as chunky or as smooth as you want.  Slather it on both sides of your favorite bread.  Try to keep that bread whole grain!!!  And top it with lettuce, onion slices, tomato slices, and some banana peppers.  Done.  Killer good.

Essentially, you just take what you would normally mix into your guac when you make it (I do lime juice, garlic, tomatoes, purple onion, cilantro, and jalapenos) and make it sandwich style.

Trust me on this.  It's REALLY good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment