Friday, April 10, 2015

It's Friday, I'm In Love: Muscle Pharm CoCo Protein

I had just spent the entire day flying from Salt Lake City to Boston.  I was full of nasty airplane air, devoid of anything nutritional in my body, and dehydrated.  I was tired.  And as I got in his truck, my brother tossed me a carton of coconut water.  I squinted my eyes in the darkness, turned up my nose at it for a minute, and then my brain reminded me that I liked coconut.  My brother reminded me that I was probably dehydrated and told me to drink up.  After unscrewing the white top, I took an eager chug, anticipating some tropical goodness, and immediately felt like I'd just drank soapy dish waster. Was this a sick joke?

"It's good, right?".  He was smiling and happy to share it with me, so I faked a smile, nodded, and drank some more.

We had a long drive from Boston to the Essex Bay, and as we talked, I unknowingly sipped on the bottle until it was empty.  I wasn't sold.  But I was hydrated.

When we got to his house, his refrigerator and freezer were stocked with the stuff.  I still wasn't sold.  But as the days went on, as I spent countless hours out paddleboarding under the sun, expending energy and draining my body, the more and more I drank of it.  And the more and more I fell in love with it.

My brain was telling me that it wasn't good because my brain was used to the sugary and sweetened flaked stuff in a bag that made my amazing coconut cake recipe all the more amazing.  My brain didn't know the TRUE flavor of REAL coconut.  Without realizing it, I had fallen completely in love with coconut water.

I'd grab a frozen one in the morning before heading out to do beach clean up, and as it would start to melt, I'd shake up the icy shards to create a restoring slushee, and cool my lips in the summer sun.

I think that's when my love affair began.  That's when I began using coconut water as a restorative beverage after exhausting my body in physical activity.  That's when the taste became less funky and more amazing.  So you can imagine how thrilled I was to find that MusclePharm had created this glorious fusion of coconut water and a protein shake, called CoCo Protein.  When my friend Samantha posted a picture to her Instagram account showing off her bottle, I nearly jumped out of my skin in excitement to try it.

I immediately ordered mine from bodybuilding.com, and had to get a few of each flavor (pina colada and chocolate) to try.

There's only one thing to say:  they do not disappoint.

If you've tried coconut water in the past and have not been too keen on the flavor, PLEASE, give these a try.  You will not be let down.

They boast 20 grams of milk protein while being lactose free and gluten free, and they restore electrolytes in a healthier way than those neon colored sports drinks.

As always, this post is not sponsored.  I am not paid to write reviews, nor am I compensated in any way by MusclePharm.  I'm just an over-sharer!!

Eat clean.  Live lean.  Live better.  Live longer.

1 comment:

  1. Muscle Pharm Protein-. In order to build muscles, you need to ingest the best protein supplements that can help you to make strong muscles in your body. At times, a potential healthy diet plan is also not sufficient for a budding bodybuilder. Muscle Phrama protein will help you to fulfill your dream.

    ReplyDelete