Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Overnight Chia Oatmeal


It's no secret that I love oatmeal, and it's definitely no secret now that I love overnight oats.  I eat them almost every day either for breakfast or lunch, and they are positively amazing.

Here's my simple recipe:

In a lidded container, add 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 4-5 strawberries (diced), and cover with unsweetened original almond milk.  Stir until well combined and make sure that the mixture is thoroughly saturated with almond milk.  You don't want this to be too dry as the oats and chia seeds with suck up the moisture overnight.  You want it to be soupy.

Cover the mixture with the lid, pop it in your refrigerator overnight, and go to sleep!

If it looks a little dry in the morning, add a bit of milk, give it a stir, and eat it.  And don't heat it up. It's great cold.  And don't add sugar or crap like that to make it unhealthy.

Eat clean.  Live lean.  Live better.  Live longer.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to try this. I do the overnight crockpot oatmeal. This is WAY better. Simple recipe, healthy and no crockpot to clean.

    ReplyDelete