Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I Love You


I know that you struggle with accepting some parts of yourself.  I know that you look in the mirror and immediately focus and fixate.  I know that you have the moments where you loathe and despise. I know that you have times where you wish for more of less.  I know you secretly wish to look like someone else.  I know you've cried over this.  I know that you've made yourself feel horrible for your decisions, actions, or behavior.  I know you've felt shame.  I know you've felt embarrassed.  I know that you compare yourself to others.  I know that you don't see the beauty that others do.  I know that you don't often believe the compliments and truths about yourself.

It's time to make peace with the image in the mirror.  Believe me when I tell you that this is the most important step in any sort of mission to self discovery, a journey to self acceptance, and it's crucial en route to self transformation.  Please, learn to love yourself.

2 comments: