Sunday, July 27, 2014

the fit beast feasts: protein pancakes with protein fluff

Sorry, I don't have a better picture.  I was too excited to eat these to take different shots and waste time editing.  Girl's gotta eat!!!!

I've spent way too much time exploring Pinterest and Google for recipes for protein pancakes and wasted way too many ingredients on bogus outcomes.  Finally, I've found something that tastes great, does NOT weigh as much as a hockey puck, and it so incredibly easy to make.

In a blender, combine:
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
1 cup egg whites OR 6 egg whites
1 scoop of your favorite protein powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)

Personally, I'm all about the Cellucor Performance Whey line, so I made this batch with their Whipped Vanilla, but made some with Molten Chocolate Lava today. Let it blend together until smooth and then go to town on a hot griddle!

Mine made about eight 4" pancakes.

Here's the important stuff, the macros per pancake:  90 calories, 1 gram of fat, 9 grams of carbohydrates, and 10 grams of protein.  Per pancake.  10 grams of protein and only 1 gram of fat.  Holy guacamole!!!

Now for the fluff.  I mean, there are no words.  I've never really been a fan of butter and syrup on my pancakes.  Maybe it's because I grew up consuming sourdough pancakes and all they need is a little bit of butter to make them amazing.  Regardless, I don't buy into the Walden Farms sugar free syrup madness and needed something different than my regular ol' peanut butter to top them.  Inspiration hit me yesterday morning when I was thinking about this uber naughty whipped peanut butter frosting I used to make.  So here's my new favorite concoction:  Marshmallow and Peanut Butter Protein Fluff.

In a medium sized bowl, combine 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter and 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt.  Beat with a hand mixer until fluffy.  Hence the name.  Der.  Add 1 scoop of Cellucor's Peanut Butter Marshmallow Performance Whey and continue to whip until well mixed.

Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.  I limit myself to 1 tablespoon when I eat my 2 pancakes for breakfast, but here are the macros:  35 calories, 2 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbohydrates, and 8 grams of protein.

Killer, right?  Try it.  And if you need to get some Cellucor protein, use code "NORDMAN" when you check-out to get 20% off your order and FREE shipping!!!!!!!!!

Eat clean.  Live lean.  Live better.  Live longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment