Friday, May 24, 2013

where we're going, we don't need roads

because of some gnarly health issues that have presented themselves in my life over the years, i've often found myself wondering what the future would hold for me.

will i have a long life where i am of sound mind and body or will i be confined to a small room in a care facility, unable to take care of myself?

will i be able to have children?

will i develop heart disease or other cardiovascular related conditions?

will i become overweight?  obese?  morbidly obese?

will i be able to enjoy my life by maintaining those abilities that keep me interacting, moving, laughing, playing, and just being my crazy ol' self with the people i love?

while there are the obvious unknowns about life, there are a variety of things you can do to ensure the best for your future.  and it all comes down to how you treat yourself and your body.  eating clean and training dirty may not guarantee that you live past 100 and are still running and lifting weights until your dying day, but that can guarantee that you are in great shape and running at peak performance.

personally, by incorporating healthy habits, i have seen life altering changes that have given me hope for a long, healthy, and happy future.  it took hard work and a conviction that i would do whatever it took to invest in that future, and it will require constant maintenance, but isn't it worth it to know that every clean bite of food i take and every drop of sweat that hits the floor helps me spend a little more time on this earth?  i think it is.

you can change your future.  and you don't need a delorean.

eat clean.  live lean.  live better.  live longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment